As a multicultural community we emphasise religious studies as a way to promote understanding and respect towards people of all faiths. Respecting each other is key to building communities and contributing positively to life in modern Britain. One of our Modern Life in Britain values:
mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
Religious Education is a great way for us to explore different cultures, beliefs and faiths.
We explore different religions using a range of topics.
- How and why do people practice religion?
- How special occasions are celebrated in different religions
- What matters most to believers?
- Exploring religions and worldviews
- Being able to respond to religions in an informed and insightful way
We love embracing and celebrating different religious events throughout the year. Chinese New Year, Diwali, Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid and more. They’re a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy different experiences while learning.